Winona Lakes Collection Policy
1. As per the By-Laws ARTICLE XVIII; Section 18.1: Dues Notices shall be submitted to the membership no later than thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the fiscal year. Said notices shall include the lot, block and section number, the member’s name and permanent address, the amount due for the current ensuing fiscal year and all unpaid prior balances. All such amounts shall be due and payable in full within thirty (30) days from the due date thereof, except as otherwise provided by the Board. Interest at the rate of 1.5% per month shall be added to the amount due the Association for all payments received after the due date. In the event full payment has not been received, the Association shall employ all appropriate methods for securing collections of the same, including, but not limited to the filing of suits and the seizure and/or sale of the delinquent member’s real and/or personal property. In the event any such proceedings are brought, there shall be added to the amount due the Association’s reasonable costs of collection, including court costs and attorney’s fees.
2. The assessments (dues) are payable in full no later than October 1st annually. Should the payment not be received by October 30th the account shall be assessed a $35.00 late fee.
3. Member(s) may participate in a two (2) payment installment payment agreement if all prior balances are paid in full. The first payment of fifty percent of the annual assessment (dues) is due October 1st; any payment not received by October 30th shall incur late fee of $35.00. The second payment/remaining balance must be paid in full by February 1st any payment not received by March 2nd shall incur a late fee of $35.00.Read full policy above.
Payment Plan Policy
1. All prior year balances and outstanding violations must be paid in full before members may apply for a payment plan. An application form must be completed and submitted for approval by the community manager or his/her designee.
2. Upon approval, members must sign the payment plan agreement as well as pay the 1st month payment including an administration fee of $50.00. Initial payment must be paid so that the payment plan can be ratified.
3. The payment plan will become null and void if two payments are missed. At that time, member shall be responsible for interest and late fees accrued during the term of the agreement.
4. In order to be eligible to vote in the next board of election, dues payment plans must be satisfied by the Friday before the August Board meeting.
5. Dues payment plans are not carried over into the next fiscal year. The plan is valid for the current fiscal year only.